The Leaders Post

The Student News Site of Leaders High School

The Leaders Post

The Leaders Post

Why is soccer the most popular sport in Leaders High School?

Lily L.

Soccer is the most popular sport at Leaders High School according to a survey done earlier this year. It is a team sport played by a team of 11 players against another team of 11 players on a field. The team has one designated goalkeeper and ten outfield players. Players on the field are usually specialized in attacking or defending or both. “A team is typically split into defenders, midfielders and forwards, though there is no restriction on players moving anywhere on the pitch,” according to Bundesliga.

Most people at Leaders High School play soccer because they get to spend time with people that matter. “Mhm, just playing with my friends, and hanging out with them,” said Carlos from ninth grade, is the reason why he plays soccer. 

“It makes me happy and passionate and I can learn lots of stuff,” stated Ricky from ninth grade. 

According to KU sports.com, people enjoy playing soccer because “it’s easy and doesn’t have many rules.” People of all ages like soccer because it is fun and unchallenging.  

“I like when there are games, and there are intense games, like in most of the games if you win you get points and more points you get promoted,”  stated Trwistan from 11th grade. In a soccer team when you get points you get “promoted to a higher division,” according to Trwistan.  

There are a variety of sports in Leaders High School but soccer seems to be the most popular. If you are interested on joining the soccer team you can contact Mr. Kaps:  [email protected] 

Donate to The Leaders Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Leaders High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Leaders Post