The Leaders Post

The Student News Site of Leaders High School

The Leaders Post

The Leaders Post

The Daylight Savings Effect

The Daylight Savings Effect

Daylight saving affects all people in different ways such as traveling and sleeping difficulties. This happens because of the shift in timing therefore it throws people off schedule with mostly everything. The main cause is the shift in time, shift in daylight. The less daylight the less energy people have vis versa for more nightlight.

According to Mohammed, a freshman at Leaders, “I don’t think it really makes it easier, I think you just have a better time outside.” To elaborate Mohammed feels that daylight saving serves zero differences when it comes to educational academics. He feels you just have a better time outside and with friends.

I myself can agree heavily with his statement as I myself along with many others have experienced having a better time outside when it’s more daylight, but I can also agree that it doesn’t have much impact on the educational side of life.

Mohammed enjoys driving his BMW M3 CS Outside and enjoys playing D1 Basketball/football in his free time so he prefers daylight for that. He thinks more daylight is better for outdoor activities and extracurricular activities but in his opinion driving at night is better. (awesome sauce)

I also got word from my brother Mike that he prefers more sunlight as he feels it’s more compatible for his daily life and his job. He works as an afterschool program ‘Team Leader’. He takes the kids on trips sometimes and he appreciates the sunlight as he doesn’t prefer to be cold when outside.

My brother thinks daylight is generally better for everyday activities, not just work. He loves daylight but he has no true side instead he has a preferred preference.

Both parties agree that daylight is a better setting for everyday activities but overall there is no true preference. Overall the daylight saving changes that happen twice a year truly does challenge us as humans but it still doesn’t completely stop what we have to commit to everyday as people.

Donate to The Leaders Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Leaders High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Leaders Post