The Leaders Post

The Student News Site of Leaders High School

The Leaders Post

The Leaders Post

Volleyball Player Interview

Jodie Lau

Are there any short-term goals you’d like to accomplish in the next few months to a couple of years?                                                                                                  

Jodie – “At least 100 assists by the end of this season.”

What do you believe to be one of your weaknesses and what are you doing to improve it?

Jodie – “My greatest weakness is my vertical and I have been doing plyometrics to help better my vert.”    vert= how high you can jump

Why are you so passionate about playing sports? 

Jodie -”I love playing sports to stay healthy and it is like the only thing I am good at.”

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model and why?             

Jodie – “Kevin Kasdan my coach from middle school who unfortunately passed away is my biggest role model. He would be the reason why I would go to school every single day”

What does your daily routine look like?                                                             

Jodie- “Leg day 24/7”

What have you learned about teamwork from your past experiences on your team’s                                                                                            

Jodie – “People will always have problems with one another because everybody is jealous of something.”

Describe your major highlights and achievements in sports in the past.           

Jodie- “I had 7 aces in a row against John Dewey.”

What do you see yourself accomplishing in five to 10 years?                          

Jodie- “I see myself making a bank.”

Do you have any hobbies or interests outside of sports?                                    

Jodie – “I enjoy playing valorant and sleeping.”

Rank the top five priorities currently in your life.                                            

Jodie – “Volleyball Grades Money Valorant Sleep”

Donate to The Leaders Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Leaders High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Leaders Post