The Leaders Post

The Student News Site of Leaders High School

The Leaders Post

The Leaders Post

Leader’s Staff

My name is Tom Mullen, the principal of Leaders High School. I love being the principal of a school with such a strong, supportive, and dynamic community!  I am committed to making sure our students are engaged in an education that challenges them to think deeply about the world around them and empowers them to achieve their future goals.  I am excited to use this space to share my thoughts about all of the exciting things going on at Leaders!

Email: [email protected]

My name is Rachel Madris and I am one of the Assistant Principals at Leaders. I have worked at Leaders for 14 years, 9 of them as an English and Special Education teacher. I handle all things academic, from curriculum support for teachers to helping plan Intensives and school-wide events, scheduling you for the Regents, SATs, and Mastery passages, and helping make sure you have all your credits for graduation and more!

Come say hi in room 235! Email me at [email protected]

My name is Harper Trotman, I am the Assistant Principal of Culture & Wellness. I have been at Leaders going on 10 years!!! Prior to my current position, I was a school counselor. I enjoy cooking, dancing, and playing competitive games!!! Contact me at [email protected]

I am Dennis Anderson, the new Restorative Dean! I graduated from Leaders HS in 2017, so being back in these hallways feels right at home. I am very excited to share and learn with you all. You can come to chat with me about whatever or whenever! You can find me in Room 282 or somewhere around our Leaders floor! This will be a great year! 😀 Email me at [email protected]

My name is Jenny Rivera. I am the parent coordinator at Leaders High School.

My role as a parent coordinator is to support students, families, and Staff. 

My job in the main office is to make sure blue cards are up to date. I also make calls to families to make sure their children are in school on time and monitor their attendance. I am here to support families with any questions and concerns they might have. My experience working here at Leaders High School has been great! Email me at [email protected]

My name is Mildred Tejera. My role is payroll, pupil accounting, and purchasing secretary. I am located in the main office room 221. It can get a little crazy here from time to time. I handle MetroCards, supply deliveries, student records, attendance, yearbooks, and so many other things. Please come visit but make sure you have a pass!

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

My name is Ms. DeLeon. I am a School Social Worker and the counselor assigned to the 9th and 10th grade cohorts. I provide mandated and proactive sessions to those students who need academic and social-emotional support as well as advocate for them to ensure their overall success. I am located in room 201B. Please email me at [email protected] or stop by if you would like to check in or chat with me.

My name is Carol Lagos. I am the counselor assigned to 11th and 12th graders at Leaders High School. I have been a youth development professional who has served NYC youth for nearly 10 years. My role as a Bilingual School Counselor here at Leaders HS is to advocate for, and support, students in meeting their goals by focusing on academic guidance, social-emotional learning, language support for our English Language Learners, and career planning. I also work collaboratively with staff to address student needs, serve as a resource for students and staff in matters related to cultural competence and diversity, and foster positive relationships with families to discuss student progress.

To meet with me, students can send me an e-mail at [email protected], come by my office in Room 201B,  or speak with their Crew Leaders.

Donate to The Leaders Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Leaders High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Leaders Post