The Leaders Post

The Student News Site of Leaders High School

The Leaders Post

The Leaders Post

Winter Activity Suggestions!

Katie H.
Winter in NYC

There are multiple ways to enjoy the winter inside or outside and this very article is an example. I hope it helps your boredom in winter.

Outside

Ski-ing (It’s great to be active during the winter, if you are willing to travel to a mountain)

NYC Ski Bus – Ski & Snowboard Trips

Ice skating (There are multiple locations of ice skating rinks around.)

LeFrak Center at Lakeside

Build a snowman once it starts to snow! (Just go outside and let your imagination go crazy!)

Snowball fights with family, friends or even both! (Make sure to put on gear and be prepared!!)

Camping (It’ll be tough so be prepared or be over prepared for it.)

https://thedyrt.com/magazine/local/winter-camping-around-new-york-city/

Forts (To add on the snowball fight you must have forts. Create bases to take cover from rapid attacks!!!)

Bryant Park Winter Village and Christmas Tree (yayy its a tree and free ice skating)

https://bryantpark.org/activities/bank-of-america-winter-village-at-bryant-park

Inside

Get comfortable in any location then get your favorite snacks and watch any type of movie! (Perfect and cozy)

Movie Suggestions: The Grinch – Arthur Christmas – Home Alone 1 & 2 – Elf – Polar express – Rise of the Guardians
Here are alternatives which are also movie suggestions

Spend time with the family, friends or pets and do fun winter challenges (it can be whatever comes to mind) 

Decorate the home for upcoming, awesome holidays – Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, Three Kings Day, Lunar New Year and or other winter holidays (Be creative and most important have that spirit) 

Make gingerbread cookies or houses! (Perfect for a snack or decor for the holidays)

You can bake or follow recipes (Can be anything or everything)

Winter Recipe Ideas

Recipes to make in December

Cold Weather Recipes

Board Games (Play some classic board.)

Here are some: Monopoly, Chess, The Game of Life, Connect Four and more.

Homework ( Yeah, EXPECT HOMEWORK sad. But if you finish you get to have all the time you want)

Donate to The Leaders Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Leaders High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Leaders Post